Monday, June 04, 2007

Gaaarhhh

So like... Jerry, you're back in Brunei!! Update, update, update!! (Honestly!!)


I love Shakespeare and all, but trying to finish up my 50% essay is killing me. No, it's the referencing and footnotings which are killing me. I hateeee footnoting and having to reference everything. Why can't we just write essays as we did back in high school? I know, I know, plagiarism and all that stuff, but for once, I'm really tempted to just say, who careeeess!!

My exam timetable isn't as bad as compared to my other friends', since I'll be done with everything by Wednesday afternoon - but this one time, I actually wish my practical exam was later. With sciences and stuff like that, you can cram, but you absolutely cannot cram practicing and learning the notes for your practical exam. (Please, God, just let me pass!)

I really ought to be finishing my essay, but I'm ranting to Ern online and creating this alternate universe where... Okay, I should stop before I start ranting here as well. Gah.

I'm totally looking forward to de-stressing after exams. But only if the idea of facing my results will disappear from my consciousness first. If anything kills the joy of holidays, it's that.

2 comments:

Slim and Deadly said...

:) Ahhh referencing, the bane of essay writing. I'm sure your tutors would have pointed this out, but have you tried using automating referencing programs like 'Endnote'?

I thought it was a hock of junk first as well, but recently I did 2 reports with it and I can tell you it's soooooo much easier. It automatically placed my referances in alphabetical order! :)

Anyway all the best :)

con` said...

Haha, yeah, Endnote is the program which all the essay guides/pamphlets and the tutors keep talking about, but I didn't think that it'd be that helpful... maybe I should try using it.

But that won't be till next semester, when I shall be burdened with more essays. Lol.