Monday, May 21, 2007

O Fortuna...! >=/

I'm feeling exceedingly frustrated - ever since I saw the posters and advertisements for the upcoming Carmina Burana chorale, I really wanted to go, but stalled, because firstly, I thought I could get someone to go with me (which didn't happen), and secondly, well, I decided to just go by myself.

Tickets were supposedly sold "at the door" as well. The concert is at 5 p.m. I arrived close to 5 p.m.


I should have known it would be sold out!!


Gaaaaah.

Carmina Burana is composed by
Carl Orff, and the first chorus, O Fortuna, is world-famous, as in, really world-famous. The name of the chorale, and the composer's name might not ring any bells to you guys, but listen to the Youtube video.




And imagine listening to that live in a concert hall.


Now imagine my frustration.



Enough said.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow,the music is amazing!!! Especially towards the ending... Thanks for sharing that video... Btw,it sounds like those background music they put in movies during a climax. I can imagine it being played during a war scene,a killing scene or a running away scene...haha! Oh well, conz, learn from this experience. Go 24hrs b4 the show for the tickets?!?!

con` said...

Haha, you're right about that, actually. 'O Fortuna' has been used excessively in movies and stuff like that.

I knowwww!! Next time... grr. I kept thinking to myself, 'What if I had bought it earlier...' Haha I definitely hope there will be another performance of Carmina Burana.