Friday, June 08, 2007

Holidays!

Jerry: no, I'm not going back to Brunei.. =( Partly because I was back home a few weeks ago, and it's a bit ridiculous to return home again so soon when I've barely been back here a month. I initially thought I might have returned in June/July to do my PR stuff instead, but that plan went "poof" when I went back in May suddenly.

Exams are over!!

A hundred arrows are pointed at me, and my housemates would just kill me, but I'll say it anyway: My dilemma now is to find something to do! Haha.

Oh well. I've got about 3 weeks of holidays, before going off for Winter Camp and then it's off to the Hillsong Conference in July for me! My housemate managed to help me find a cheaper ticket for the Conference, and it was from another friend in the fellowship, and she had signed up for the Worship Leading stream. So that's what I would be going for I think... I thought that if I couldn't get a cheaper ticket from someone who's not going, then I might have chosen the Musician stream instead if I bought my own ticket, but I might gain something from learning a few things about worship leading.

I had wanted to look for a job or something, but I doubt anyone would want to hire me for only three weeks since I'll be gone for about two weeks or so... I guess I might look for a job after I come back from the Conference.

Sigh. Still trying to get over the depression of the practical exam I had yesterday. Anyway, I dropped by the CD store while walking home to buy a movie to watch - Roman Holiday, featuring Audrey Hepburn, who won the Academy Award for Best Actress for her role in the film. I've been getting into the classics lately - I've bought and watched Casablanca and Gone with the Wind, rented and watched My Fair Lady and watched Breakfast At Tiffany's at a friend's place... it's kind of refreshing to watch these old movies - their acting so fresh, and real. None of that Hollywood nonsense you see nowadays... I mean, there are good movies, but it's not like how they used to make it anymore.

Anyway.

Have fun in Brunei, Jerry! And for goodness' sake, please post something!

2 comments:

kachuaz said...

wah lau eh finish exams liao!!??!!

i haven even started 1 paper...omg...and i am so dead...info overload..

btw, watch Ben-Hur, my favourite classic. lol

con` said...

haha. just happened that mine was three days in a row. i actually wished it was spread further apart.

i bought Ben-Hur two years ago! Remember in Perth?? Haha.

All the best for your exams!!!