Thursday, November 16, 2006

Two Weeks Away From Summer, A Winter's Day in Late Spring

..hm, that sounds like a good title for a novel, actually... a-hem. Anyway!

I'm finally done with all my exams! Had my practical this morning, kind of like a recital - it was "okay". There were, inevitably, mistakes. But for goodness' sake, why must the examiners' faces be so stiff and expressionless? I could hear them conversing while I was playing, and that didn't help. Are they saying, "Hm, that sounds good", or "How the heck did this girl pass the auditions?"

I want my results NOW, and I want to read the comments they wrote. I was nervous when I started playing, but loosened up into the second and third pieces. =(

Called Qantas again today, and still no positive answer. Sigh. At this point, I pretty much want a date, anytime earlier than 23rd Dec. I was talking to my mom, and she told me that flights from S'pore to Brunei are all fully booked from Christmas Day onwards, so if I can't get an earlier flight, I don't think I might be able to stay in S'pore for long... (sorry, Sherissa, Holly, and everyone else whom I was planning to meet up there!!)

The 23rd Dec flight that I'm currently holding leaves Melbourne at 5.15 pm, so by the time I get to S'pore, it'll be close to midnight, and once I arrive there, I need to buy a ticket ASAP to Brunei - yeah, that's another dilemma, I don't have a ticket to Brunei yet, and if the flights are fully booked again, I'll be damned. It looks like I just might have to forgo staying in S'pore for a few days if things continue this way.

Top on my list for now is the search for a new accommodation... but that probably won't interest any of you in the least. Just trivial - no, really important, actually - things that I have to get settled before I leave. Maybe it is good that I'm leaving late, since I still have so many things to do.

As the post title describes today's weather - it is COLD. The max was forecasted to be 14 degrees. It's almost hard to believe that it'll be summer in two weeks' time (technically, that is). Hail and snow were predicted yesterday (probably in the suburbs and at higher altitudes).

I can't believe it... exams over and done with... sigh. Home seems so close, yet so far away...

Now that I have all this free time, apart from doing the need-to-be-done-things-before-I-leave, I think I might look for a part-time job to while the time away (and earn some money - I've been spending too much. Not on shopping, but it's all been on food!).

And (this might be horrifying to all Friends fans out there), I've just recently borrowed seasons 1-3 of Friends. I've never ever seen a single episode before ("No way!"), and got hooked on it about a month ago ("What, after the series has ended??"), around season 4 ("OMG!"). Yeah, I know, it's hard to pick up from there, since some of the jokes are running..

But I can say that I'm officially hooked on it now. =D ("Welcome to the dark light!")

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your post reminds me of d song by michael buble.goes like 'paris...rome...i wana go home' cool tune. U shud make it ur theme song Haha!

con` said...

lol... well at least the homesickness isn't too bad this time round, but still, i want home after 9+ months here! haha.

looking forward to hanging out u again! =)

Anonymous said...

You wanna hang me out where?on your clothes line?or on a noose?Haha:) you mean hanging out 'with' me?

con` said...

LOL. haha, when i hit the 'enter' button, i realized i forgot the 'with', but anyway, u still got it =P of course hanging out "with" you! haha... i wouldn't 'hang' anyone.. i think =P