Thursday, November 23, 2006

Fifteen

Fifteen!!

Went to Fifteen today with Esther, Marianne, Melvin and Kingsley (from my cell group). Fifteen is the chain of restaurants that's opened by Jamie Oliver, and he was in Melbourne earlier in August/September to promote it. We were lucky to get a reservation; the restaurant is almost fully booked out till next year January, but we managed to get a slot for lunchtime today when I called last week to make the reservation.

Melvin took lots of pictures, and once I get those from him, I'll post a few up; the food's good, but oh my gosh, the bill! O_O Fine dining is one thing I definitely won't do very often, and although it wasn't entirely perfect, I enjoyed the food, and the experience was great. (On a side note, I can't believe how much I've been spending on food.)

The interior's nice, although the ambience wasn't as relaxed and as peaceful as we expected, but seeing that the restaurant was full of patrons, I guess we can't really expect that. The deco is really beautiful; even the bathrooms had really unique designs. It was an open concept, so we could see the chefs and all. A few of my friends recognized the chefs, since they have been featured on television on one of Jamie Oliver's shows. I confess I don't know watch Jamie Oliver very much. Or watch much TV, for that matter.

This post will be very boring without pictures, so I'll try to get them soon, to liven up the blog a little. Will elaborate more then!

2 comments:

kachuaz said...

wah lau eh!

you went to Fifteen!

my aunt is a fan of Jamie Oliver. lolz

Sydney got Fifteen bo?

how much you spent there exactly? =P

con` said...

haha, yeah! just one of those 'once-in-a-life-time' kind of experience i suppose.

waah.. if you really must know... altogether it was like... $300++ AUD. the mains we ordered were all $30+, entrees were about $17, and desserts were around $17 as well.

i definitely won't be eating at this kind of place again anytime soon! lol.