Friday, August 04, 2006

9-teen

Thanks for all the birthday wishes.

Gosh.

Esther, a fellow sister in my CG (cell group), told me that this is my final year in the "10's"; I'll be joining the "2's" next year. It's almost scary - I can't believe I'm - we - are approaching our twenties soon. It seems too fast suddenly. To think that when I was younger, I couldn't wait to grow up - and now that I've hit this - this number called nineteen, I wish I can remain young forever. Come to think of it, why was it that we wanted to "grow up" back when we were still young 'uns, carefree and innocent? Lol.

My CG gave me a not-so-surprise dinner party on Monday night. (It's quite obvious when your CG leader decides to organize a CG dinner on the night before your actual birthday!) Originally, we were supposed to go to this Korean restaurant, but apparently most restaurants are closed on Mondays (beginning of week = not much business), and we went to this Japanese restaurant called Yamato instead. It's pretty pricey, but the food's quite good.

Let's see... there were pictures (you can see a few posted up by my CG leader at our CG blog here), a blackforest chocolate cake from Brunetti, and a gift - my very first perfume. Lol. (There's a picture of me posing with it at the CG blog.)

Amidst it all, thanks for all the SMSes and emails. I really, really appreciate it... And I know that you guys probably think I'm silly for saying this, but seriously, it's nice to be remembered, though I'm miles away, across the oceans and continents.

On the actual day itself, I went KTV-ing with some people from OCF, together with Mei Sun, who shared the same birthday, except that she's a year older. It was pretty good, and we all sang our hearts out - we sang mostly Chinese songs. (Yay! Lol.)

Despite it all, I still miss celebrating my birthday at home. Home with family, and with friends... But I still thank God, for all His blessings. I don't feel as homesick as I did last year, and I think I'm actually a bit more comfortable here in Melbourne. (Perth is still great, though!) Maybe I've kind of adapted to living by myself.


Anyway, Jerry, you will be 19 soon enough, so don't start calling me old!! 20 September is coming... =P


Second semester's a busier time. The number of contact hours I have per week isn't all that different from first semester, but my workload is a bit heavier - with a Music History subject, I have to do a lot of reading and listening to music by all these Baroque and Classical composers. I'm putting more effort into spending longer practice hours as well. But I don't think you want to hear - I mean, read - about the monotonous school life I am leading. Lol.

Anyway, Jerry, those are nice pictures! What was the occasion? You didn't explain in your post... I think. Or maybe I didn't read it properly. Haha.

Till the next time I update - take care, people, and to you guys back home, all the best for your exams. =)


love,
con.

No comments: