Friday, June 16, 2006

England...

...may have won (2-0 with Trinidad), but damn, that was one of the worst and most frustrating matches I've ever seen. My friend informed me that was England's style/way of playing. It was almost agonizing to watch the match. I can't believe I wasted my two hours of sleep for that kind of match.

They will never make it with that kind of performance.

Crouch's goal in the second half wasn't worth the jubilation and celebration. It just didn't match with their level of playing. Although I have to concede that Gerrard's goal was a nice one, something is just lacking - England has good and talented players, but somehow they're just lacking something: They didn't seem as if they were playing to win, and those goals seemed more like lucky shots than anything else.

No offense to England fans out there. But if they expect to go far, then they better buck up.

4 comments:

kachuaz said...

Lampard was missing shots like crazy and Crouch was trying too hard to be fancy.

They better buck up, I'm skeptical about them making to the Finals thou....

con` said...

I agree!! Lampard had so many opportunities, and he wasted each and every one. It's like he didn't bother trying to 'aim' or kick properly.

Haha, my friend and I was 'criticizing' Crouch the whole night - not his playing, but stuff like:

"He is SOOO tall!!" (that's me lah)
"Looks like a stork."
"He looks like he's walking on stilts."
"He looks anorexic."

The best one:

"He looks one-dimensional."

kachuaz said...

LOL.

"He looks like a stick insect"

"Wind blow, he also can fly away"

well...look on the bright side....at least he didnt do the Robo dance

LOL !!!!

kachuaz said...

OMG!! Czech Rep lost 2-0 to Ghana

wth really....1st goal in the 1st min of play