Wednesday, June 21, 2006

A Rabbit's Life

I’ve been rendered hapless since Friday night. Saturday and Sunday were spent in isolation in my apartment, away from the world outside my door as I idled away my time in my bed, sniffing and coughing – hibernating like a real rabbit during winter.

Yes, that’s right; the miserable creature called virus has found its way into my body, generating an immune response from my defence system. I could practically feel my B cells and T cells hard at work as they whoosh around my circulation killing off the infected cells – and in the process, killing some of my healthy cells as well. That probably explains my aches and pains.

My throat cell lining have been destroyed in the process as well, as I’m left hacking like an old man every five minutes. I have been suffering from a constant throbbing headache since Saturday (and that is due to dehydration, I was told by a friend who’s a practicing doctor now). So I’ve been drinking bloating myself up with endless intake of liquids, liquids, and more liquids, that I’m visiting the toilet every one hour now.

Worst of all, I have been missing FOUR DAYS OF WORLD CUP!!! (I heard Argentina thrashed Serbia 6-0!! 6-0!! And I missed the Germany-Ecuador match and England-Sweden match last night...Somebody, anybody, tell me I did not miss any great matches… *sob*)


Okay, that should be the least of my concerns, as I should actually be concentrating on getting well now. Heh. *grins sheepishly* (How do you grin like a sheep anyway – okay, never mind, lame joke. Cold getting to my brain cells as well.)


I dislike being sick. I feel heaps better now than I felt on Sat/Sun. The headache's gone, the aches and pains are gone, but the cough has not gone away. And because of the constant coughing, my stomach muscles are aching now. Great – a place where you think that the cold virus won’t affect. Well, actually no – I haven’t had much of an appetite lately as well. Although I'm recovering that as well. Hehe.

I haven’t been out at all. Although I did go for prayer meeting yesterday (which kind of sapped my energy out of me). =( I was supposed to go berlepak-ing with my music friends today, but I didn't feel up to it today and stayed home (again), thinking that I could do with one more day of rest. I want to go out...! I’m sick of being cooped up! Although I do have plans for the next two days.

=(


PS: Juang, I got your e-mail, really made my day! =D I'll reply it ASAP.

PSS: Sharon, glad you like it. =) I was worried you wouldn’t like it!

PSSS: Sherissa, nooo, I missed the Czech-Ghana match as well!! I can’t believe Ghana defeated Czech!

PSSS: Karen – shouldn’t you be complaining to Charles instead? I know nuts about computer technical problems. Haha.

PSSSS: Ern - I know I should have put your name first, but - here, I saved the best for the last. =P I've been sick, so you can't blame me! And if you've got "something to tell" me, I can just predict that by the time I get online and talk to you, you'll just go, "Oh, I forgot what I wanted to tell you."

As always.

-_-"

Ohh, btw, JUAN, Happy 18th Birthday! Hope you read this. Sorry I can't be there to celebrate with you, but hope that you have a wonderful day with many beautiful moments to cherish =) I'll see you (hopefully) at the end of the year or something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and yet you can still drag yourself out of ur deathbed to blog ;p

Anonymous said...

... that was me commenting btw ...
eRn