Monday, April 24, 2006

Random

Easter break's over, and Easter camp was just amazing. Shall post more about it next time.

It's already autumn, and the weather's already chilling me to the bones - it feels like winter in Perth!! I can't imagine how I will be able to cope when winter really arrives later on. It's been raining/drizzling intermittently for the past few days (although it didn't today). I kind of miss the rains we had back in Brunei - the heavy, several-hours-long kind of rain. On those kind of rainy days, it's just lovely to stay home and do what I love best - either eat or sleep. =D

Speaking of sleep... wonder if any of you ever had a dream... where you're with all your friends, but for some reason, they're all denying you, and sever all ties with you. They pretend not to know you anymore, and whisper about things behind your back, and you just keep walking on, trying not to show that it's affecting you really badly. And when you try to find out what happened, no one wants to tell you anything, and for some reason, it's all your fault that you are no longer friends.

It's scary... I woke up from a dream like that this morning. A few of my closest and good friends were just being really mean... one or two were neutral, but I felt so alone and hurt. And it really did felt as if I had done something wrong. But I didn't know what.


Anyway!

Let's cast away that air of gloominess and depression and come back to happier things - like Jerry! You look different! Post more pictures of yourself =D

Speaking of that... I don't think any of you have actually seen me with my "not-so-new" glasses anymore... I was web-camming with my sister a few weeks back, and my brother saw me. Well, my sister as well. And my youngest brother said that I look really weird... Eeargh... brothers! My sister didn't really say anything, except that, "You have new glasses!"

I guess I really do look different, in terms of looks now! I mean, if you just compare how I looked the year before and now, it makes me wonder how I decided to have a perm, and at the same time, chop my hair off to have a fringe. And knowing me, it's quite a radical change, since I don't usually just go "all out". I mean, just before I had my hair permed back in M'sia, I even SMS-ed Ern just to get his opinion, so that I won't end up with weird octopus hair or something!

He never replied me, and the next minute I know, I was already seated on the chair with the curlers attached to my hair. =( I was seriously, seriously nervous - I didn't even know what I was doing, okay! It took a long time getting used to it - I remember after everything was done, I was regretting it, and complaining to my aunt (who probably can't be bothered putting up with my whining, since I wanted a radical change in the beginning). After a few weeks or so, it became part of "me".

Even my new glasses were just weird - I mean, I had worn my frameless glasses for three years, and though my prescription didn't change much when I had it checked at the beginning of the year, my astigmatism increased (again), which wasn't much, but my mom and I thought that I should have spare glasses, just in case. The spare, being my old glasses... And because thick-framed glasses are "in", I thought, heck, might as well be different.

And even after my new glasses were made, and even though my world was so much brighter and clearer, I couldn't, I just could NOT get used to seeing my face in the mirror with these thick-rimmed purplish-blue and metallic red glasses. I instantly went back to my old glasses after that, and once again, complained to my aunt and mom who were with me in S'pore. I wore the new pair on and off, and slowly got used to it. Now I can't wear my old glasses, because they feel weird!

And you guys know that I've worn my dolphin necklace for seven years now, right? Well, I'm not wearing it anymore - and that was a "painful" choice for me too. My mom bought me this new necklace in S'pore, with a really beautiful treble-clef pendant. Sort of a "present" for passing my Diploma... my dolphin necklace was ironically bought in S'pore as well, from my dad, for passing my Grade 5 exam with a distinction. I miss my old necklace! =(

=( Obviously, I have a complexity about letting go of the "past".

This is so random.

Er...

I need sleep now! School tomorrow, Easter break is over (and by the way, the first time in my entire schooling life that I had an Easter break). Haha, sakai of me, I know. =P

Night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it wasnt a dream connie :P hahah was IIII in the dream ? annddd i dont think i got ur SMS abotu your hair ! i would have said no to the perm :P hahah just to let you know .. and iiiiiiiii DO have new glasses too btw ! hahah yes yes yes ive finally surcomed (surcumed? ok im still dyslexic).. and minnee are thick rimmed too :P FASHION HARAJUKU !

- Ern -