Saturday, October 29, 2005

It was the last day of school for the year 12 students today. A farewell assembly was held after school, and was very emotional for some friends, who had been here for quite a few years.

Being here for a year only thus far, I guess it's rather hard to relate to the memories and times that we'll be leaving behind. Nevertheless, it is still sad, knowing that some of the people I have met in these short 9 months, I'll probably never meet or talk to them again.

Looking through the notes and messages left by people who signed in my book, I realize with a jolt that, this is it. It's finally ended. My years of schooling have ultimately come to this, and there would be no more fixed timetables. No more familiar faces that we'll be able to see everyday, none of that easy classroom atmosphere; the caramederie between friends and teachers. No more uniforms, no more desks and chairs... no more ...

Somehow, graduation just doesn't feel complete without my own friends beside me. It is a special event, a once-in-a-lifetime event; high school graduation, they say, is the most memorable and meaningful, even more than university graduation (since it's not as personal). And I really would have loved to share the memory of graduating high school with my own friends, whom I have known for more than 5-10 years. Knowing that we share all these memories and times together would make it much more meaningful.

Still, these 9 months here at Murdoch College has taught me lot, despite everything. There are new memories, new friends, and I shall treasure them always.

It's sad. I was almost in tears myself, seeing my closer friends sobbing. But... it's just that, this is it. Next year, most of us would have gone on to university, and it would be a completely different and drastic switch from school life.

You guys who are still in college... treasure your days while you're still in "school". We may complain, but ultimately, we'll miss those "good ol' days".

I have to admit though, I'll miss those days back in SAS much more than I will here. But what makes my year here more poignant, I guess, is just that this is my final year of normal schooling as we know our lives to have been for the past 10 years. The routine has ended.

Tomorrow is graduation ceremony and ball; and that would mark the climax and ending of high school.

Another chapter has closed; life goes on.

When we look back one day, would we wish that we could have done something different? Regrets, disappointment, the bittersweet memories, joy, laughter, sadness... Dissolving into one, fading into oblivion as the years catch up with us...

I think I'm just too sensitive sometimes... =(

But I'll definitely miss everyone and the memories.

4 comments:

tH3^oNe said...

=)
cya later at the ball!

kachuaz said...

have fun at grad nite~

Tigey said...

Checked your blog - see you're a recent school leaver as we say here. Going on to university? I recall my school days centuries ago - last year went to a big centenary reunion which was good (met 'girls' I'd not seen for years). We don't do school graduation parties here, but have our parties & ceremonies at university. I remember mine were great in those far off days. You have much too look forward to. We had our best years there. Wishing you a good future! You seem to be a nice person.

.tee said...

nooo... aussie gheyyysss! we have another half a year to go... unfairrr...