Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Today was Multicultural Day, and I'm just glad to have a day off from studying. It wasn't too bad, ok-lah, but probably could have been better. =P Anyway, less talk and more visual. A picture speaks a thousand words, after all! ^_^ They're in chronological order, btw.
Ms. Dunbar-Smith, my TAG teacher, putting the finishing touches on my TAG (Teacher Advisor Group)'s stall. We were doing Greenpeace. Each TAG had to choose either an organization or a country. On our right was Germany, and our left was S'pore. It drizzled for a few minutes, while setting up our stalls, but fortunately the rest of the day was rather sunny and fine.

Lin, Claire, me, Hanisha. After setting up stalls, we were free to wander around to check out other TAGs, but most people went on a photo frenzy. Obviously. There was about an hour plus before the main program began.

Teruna, Pamela, me, Keisha (is that how you spell her name?) They're all from S'pore.

Dian and I. Dian is Indonesian-Chinese.

Navreen, Lisa, me. Both are in my E. Lit class, and Nav's in my Econs class as well. They're both Australians, but Navreen's roots are in M'sia.


Emily, Mizuha, Divya, Raechelle, Yasuko, ..um, don't know her name =/ .. After eight months, you can't expect me to know every Year 12 int'nal student's name. =p


Mary, last year's Murdoch Idol, who has a really beautiful voice. She's from the Phillipines, but grew up here. She sang a Filipino song.

Holly and I. We used to have Chem and Human Bio classes together, until I changed my timetable, and was put into different classes...

Raechelle, Holly, Divya. An attempt at French-plaiting the other person's hair. Haha. Randomness.

Hanisha, Ms. Kate Dunbar-Smith, me. Ms. DS is our Economics teacher, also my TAG teacher.
Guests from some primary school, who performed the Maori (the New Zealand indigenous ppl) traditional dance, called the Haka, also a kind of war dance. It was a bit comical, but probably 'cause it's done by primary schoolkids =P I'm sure that we would have been a bit more appreciative and awed if it was performed by actual Maori warriors. Lol.


Two adorable little girls came to perform a Scottish cultural dance, which is characterized by their hands laid stiffly by their sides, and resembles tap-dancing. Know Riverdance? Haha, yeah, it's something like that.


This was an interesting albeit rather tame Shaolin kung-fu demonstration by the Shaolin Association. No wild moves - just basic, prepared stunts (with each other, with swords, with daggers... as well as a bench) to show us.

Some random people from some Lawn Bowling association came to explain and demonstrate the art of lawn bowling, supposedly one of the biggest games in Australia.

Cute Jill! She came dressed in a Japanese outfit, but she was really cosplaying an anime character from a very popular Japanese anime. A few people did guess, and asked her. You anime-freaks should know this!! Can you guess?


The Australian Aboriginal spiritual dance.

The Malay performance by our own Ind'sian and M'sian students.
Some guy who won 'Australian Chinese Idol' last year (I never knew such a thing existed X_X) came to present 'Qing Fei De Yi' by Harlem Yu. (That really popular song few years back because of Meteor Garden, which, in my opinion, is one of the worst Taiwan dramas I've ever seen. Sorry to all F4 fans out there~)

Really random. Was bored, and sitting beside one of the Japanese students, Takaashi. Noticed his authentic Japanese slippers and discretely snapped this. Lol. The sneakers at the right top corner belongs to Takaaki =P
The dragon parade. It's cool, and all, but it's not Chinese New Year. I'm wondering why, and what is the significance of the dance at this time of the year. Bring prosperity and joy to Murdoch College? *skeptical laughter*
The dragon's head.

The flags.
Rungend and I. Didn't see her at all until the end of the festivities. Either that, or I'm just blur as usual. =/

The finale. Dragon dance and flags of the world. I still do not understand the significance of the dragon dance. -_-"

How multicultural do you think all that was? Well, hope you guys enjoyed the pictures! There are actually so many more, but I have to skive all the rest off my friends. Heh. I'll probably post up more group pictures next time.

Anyway, got to do my Eng. Lit. essay now, which is dued tomorrow... =( Ciao!

5 comments:

tH3^oNe said...

OMG! uR pHoto blOg eNtRy iS mOrE dEtAiled tHaN miNe!
*envious!*
i dOn't hAvE dAt muCh piCtuReS.
bUt iM pRouD tO hAvE a piC oF tHe wHolE cOhOrt oF tHe Haka Kids tHouGh! *lolx*
& i diDn't tAkE a pHotO witH u! *aRgHx* wE sHld hAvE.
oH wElls.

dO u wAnt tO go tO UWA thiS sAt?

cheers,
dj

tH3^oNe said...

heyy pickle coconut a.k.a Jerry.

wEll.. nOt rEally.
u will gEt usEd tO it aftEr sOmE tiMe.
hAvE bEeN typiNg tHiS fOr yEaRs nOw.
=D
tRy it! *lolx*

cheers,
dj

con` said...

jerry: ghost, as in ME, you mean.. -_-"

chewy: yes, you got it right!!! it's Bleach, but you haven't guess what character!!!!

juan: you're a huge fan of bleach, aren't you, you both better guess this right!!

dj: haha, yea i was pretty much on a photo frenzy, but i still have lots of other pics to get from the others! UWA this sat? is that the chemistry seminar that rungend was telling me abt?

thepattycakes said...

mmmm.

why didnt i see my face in your entry!! hahahaha.
im too lazy to upload my photos.. leaving it to the weekends :P
seeya around!

con` said...

yes chiew hui you got it right!! ^_^