Saturday, February 02, 2008

Of picnics and film sets.

The filming right outside is really a first for me. I've never seen a real film set before, nor a live shooting of one, so it's quite interesting. Even as I'm typing this now, I can hear the director's voice (at least, I assume it's the director) shouting, "Action!" over the boomspeaker. Haha. It's interesting to see Flinders St. Station made up to look like 1940s Melbourne.

Went for picnic with Andrea, Adryll, Kingsley and Ian at the Royal Botanic Gardens late this afternoon. Today's weather was absolutely beautiful; 28 degrees, sunny, but not hot. The wind felt refreshingly cool in the sun. Summer has been surprisingly pleasant so far, even though I was told to expect raging heat.

Pictures!


Photobucket
Royal Botanic Gardens, picnic by the lake.

Photobucket
Blueberry cake I baked

Photobucket
A round of Citadels

Photobucket
The set!

Photobucket
The black sheets set up along Flinders Street, blocking access to the set

Photobucket
Couldn't get a clear picture... gaaah blame it on lighting, and I hate using flash if possible... The soldiers are near the tram. Apparently they're using the old, classic Melbourne trams. Looked really cool, with all the vintage cars on the set as well, and the non-soldier actors and actresses dressed up in 1940s fashion.

Photobucket
Another blurred picture. Sien.

Most of my shots came out in a quite 'cannot-make-it' status. But anyway this person here took really good pictures of the set. I should have gone in the morning to take pictures, probably. Lol. While I stood there in the crowd watching, they re-did the same scene three times. Can't be easy to shoot a movie, especially with the big crowds of nosy people clambering to get a good vantage point. (Yes, including yours truly.) The security had to repeatedly tell the crowd, "No flash, please!" when they were about to shoot a scene.

They're packing up tomorrow morning, I think. Now to wait for the series to air next year to catch those scenes I saw this evening. Haha.

No comments: