Friday, January 11, 2008

The One with the Sale

Today is a freakin' 41 degrees blistering Celsius. I was dying in the heat, while walking back home.

It feels slightly jarring to come home to a dark, empty apartment, especially after living with three other housemates last year; they should be back some time in February, but until then, I'll be by myself. I'm getting used to the solitude - it's quite nice, actually.

While walking home today, I cut through Melbourne Central and the shopping malls in between all the streets - firstly, it saves journey time, and secondly - AIRCONDITIONING. I have NEVER been happier for the invention of the air-conditioner.

AND - I passed by Virgin CD store along the way, with all these huge SALE posters, and decided to check out what cheap movies they might have on sale, so I won't be entirely bored at home - and guess how much Friends DVD were going for.



$19 per season.


Yes, NINETEEN BUCKS! I have never seen it sold so cheaply before! What a bargain!!!

Of course, I couldn't resist, bought season 7, and upon reaching home, promptly switched on the TV and watched episode after episode while eating lunch.


I think I might return to the store again to buy more seasons. It's so tempting to buy all 10 seasons. At $19 per season, what's more, original DVD sets, it is so so so tempting.


I hope the sale doesn't end soon! (Oh my gosh, I sound so - fan-girly. I'm starting to creep myself out. Haha.)


It's supposed to be 40 degrees tomorrow. My coursemate asked me to a KTV session, so I'm looking forward to that and avoiding the heat.

I miss home and driving! =(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha and ur the one who told me not to spend so much~ XD btw, they're selling the whole Friends series in a box set for 99.99 pounds. maybe u should try looking for the whole box set instead of buying individually. =P

i miss driving too~~