Friday, January 18, 2008

I did it.

Everyone, meet my MacBook.

Photobucket

Yes, I've decided to take the plunge and get a MacBook, after much consideration. To be honest, I've been thinking about switching over for a few months now, ever since my laptop crashed on me. Well, guess what - it crashed on me again a few days ago, and that was it. I think it's something to do with the hard disk, but frankly, I've had enough of Acer and Windows' infamous Blue Screen of Death. I swear, I've seen it so many times that I just shake my head and sigh when it comes up. The old laptop still works, but it's still quite whacked, and will crash without warning. And it's been three years anyway, so I figured that I might as well get a new laptop.


Photobucket

Ta-da.


Photobucket
I almost couldn't believe the greeting in the manual. Haha. Seriously, though, I really do want to believe that! =P


I asked Adryll who's a Mac-user to help me out when I went to buy it, so he did a lot by explaining while we browsed in the store. That did help immensely, but I was actually still quite hesitant right up to the point where I was already at the counter, watching the salesperson making the transaction. My brain was going, "Oh my gosh, are you sure you're ready to make the switch? Are you sure you want a Mac? Are you sure you don't want to just stick to good ol' Windows?"


Photobucket

My new, white MacBook! It's all still so foreign to me.

After buying the MacBook, I spent the entire afternoon with Adryll explaining the basics and information that I needed to know. It was information overload, especially after classes in the morning, and by the end of the day, I was exhausted.


It's going to take me a few weeks to get the hang of this. I'm typing out this blog entry on the Mac, and even just this makes me realize the fact that I still need some time to learn where everything is. It's so tempting to go back to Windows, where everything is so familiar, especially after years and years of using the Windows interface.


I should be more excited, I think, but until I adapt myself to the Mac interface, I doubt I'll feel very happy yet. Lol.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

U NEVER TOLD ME U GOT THE MAC!!