Thursday, January 31, 2008

Long day.

Dammmit, I had the worse stomachache ever today. The walk home was the longest 15 minutes I have ever known. I normally enjoy walking home, but the six streets from Little Lonsdale Street to Flinders Lane seemed a million streets to me tonight. When I got to Bourke Street (halfway through), I was screaming in my head and wondering how much more of the pain I could take, and just praying that I don't faint or something. By the time I reached home, I just wanted to collapse and rest. Blame it on gastric. I suffer from gastric attacks quite often, but I hadn't had it in a while now, so all the way home I was just trying to breath properly, walk properly, trying to make it home without collapsing in the middle of the street or something.

And I thought I ate properly today. I hope never to go through that pain again. After classes in the morning, I had Korean food for lunch with my coursemates, chocolate and Danish pancakes for dessert after; met up with a few friends for KTV, and then finally a lovely Chinese dinner with them after a great session of singing. So where the heck did I miss a meal?! I had a sandwich (my 'breakfast') in the break between classes this morning, so I obviously was not depriving myself of food. Damn you, gastric!!!

I need to do my assignment, but I think I'll just sleep early tonight and wake up early tomorrow to do it and hand it in. After my hot shower and just drinking plain hot water to relieve the stomach (I don't think the stomach can endure any more food or liquids-other-than-water), I'm exhausted from the Battle of the Walk Home. The pain only became really bad towards the end of dinner. I'm almost amazed that I actually made it home in the state I was in. And that's not even an exaggeration or a hyperbolic statement.



No comments: