Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Command and Conquer

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Another one of the dog.

I'm leaving sooner than expected - will be flying to S'pore on Wednesday and staying there till Friday. My mom's coming as well. By Saturday morning, I would have arrived in Melbourne.

Having been cooped up at home, today served as a reminder why I hardly step outside: I took the dog - or rather, the dog pulled me - to the perimeters of the house, where the 'jungle' is. It was an immediate onslaught of mosquito warfare, like the kind where the commander orders his army to show absolutely no mercy to the enemy. I am left with at least 5 mosquito bites on my legs and a couple on my arms. I killed a few out of the dozens that must have came after me the moment I stepped into the grasses.

Two I killed quite by accident - you know how you sometimes scratch that itchy spot, only to realize you've kind of - killed the mosquito as well. I killed a few more by slapping around on my legs (and one I caught on my toe)...


I've forgotten how satisfying it feels to kill the maddening pests. The little joys of life.

No comments: