Friday, October 27, 2006

The One with the Haircut

Tomorrow is last day of semester!

We get a one week study break!

I still have so much to do!



I got a haircut yesterday ($20 for a cut-wash-blow, which is actually quite reasonable considering that Melbourne is a very expensive place to get haircuts).

The hairdresser chopped cut off almost all the lengths of my hair which had been permed.

My hair!!

My hair...!!

I couldn't see a thing while the hairdresser was mutilating cutting my hair, so what I saw through my blurred vision was just the black blob which was my hair, and the brown which somewhat resembled my face. (It doesn't sound that bad - the hairdresser, I mean. Neither is my vision. Oh fine. Yes, my vision is bad.)

So when she was done, and I put on my glasses, I was ... left speechless. I didn't know what to say. It wasn't that it's bad - it's just ... my hair... I've lived with this crazy hair for 19 years now, you'd think I'll be used to its wavy, thick, puffy texture by now.

I could rectify the damage new hair by straightening it again when I go back, but I refuse to let go through the whole straightening process again. (That, and I've had my hair straightened 4 times already!!) I rather sit through a perm, which is less painful.


Yeah, I'll be whining for the next two weeks.
When I had my hair permed, and cut, and got a fringe last December, you ought to be glad you weren't with me for the subsequent two weeks. I think I drove everyone around me nuts. Literally. Especially my hairdresser aunt, since she was the one who did my hair.

But anyway, getting haircuts - anything which has to do with my hair being cut/straightened/permed, always sees me complaining and moaning about it for the next week or so, until I get used to it and accept the fact that I can't, well, uncut my hair.

And I made the decision to get a haircut anyway (so I shouldn't be complaining, really). But nooo... I ought to have waited... waited till I returned to Brunei....

My hair....

2 comments:

juice said...

poor hair... want a wig? hehehe

.tee said...

rofl. i had a haircut today too. some random shop that i wandered in.

the guy was using a razor, basically just trimming my hair. it was quite scary, cos i was left with a round fuzzy ball of equal lengths.

what's worst, he said "see. looking better already." Not wanting to interrupt his creative moment ;p I went, uh... yea yea...

but it didn't turn out so bad in the end. lol. although it's not what I expected.