Friday, October 13, 2006

Melting in the Land Down Under

The weather today was absolutely frightful - a blistering 36 freaking degree Celsius. The weatherman told me that the max was supposed to be around 30, but then, weathermen always lie, so I should have known better. It was hot and dry, so dry that I could almost feel myself being sucked empty of moisture and reduced to a withered heap of crispy, fried skin and cracked bones.

It's supposed to be spring!!! This almost makes me long for the cold days of winter again.

Oh well.

There's two more weeks of semester 2 left before swot vac (technically study break) and then we enter those weeks which all students have come to abhor. My exam timetable this time round is a bit more hectic (read: I actually have to do some *cough* serious studying. Not that I didn't for first sem.)

I realize I still have so much to do before these two weeks are up... I have yet to present my writing piece in Creative Writing workshop, I still have 7 exercises to present for Aural Studies, I have 12 weeks of material to cover/study (tons and tons of reading and listening to do) for Baroque and Classical Music, I have to memorize my pieces for my practical exam, I still have to change my flight date, I have to settle my accommodation stuff (breaking my current contract, if that can happen, and searching for a new place before I leave)... I have to... I have to...

*runs out of breath*

It doesn't sound that bad. Really.

I know I said I wouldn't nag at you, anymore, Jerry, but seriously, it would be nice to see you update here. Even if it's once in a blue moon. =P There's a reason why the blog is what it's called. Hope things are going well for you over there.

1 comment:

Slim and Deadly said...

What? 36 degrees celcius is PERFECT! So tragic I was stuck indoors doing lab work T_T

LOL Its at about this temperature that I might consider short sleeves LOL

But thats a pacific boy for you :)