Thursday, August 31, 2006

Ski trip

I got the pictures from Tim (yay!), and here's some of them, which ought to make this blog look more lively and colourful. A long overdue post.


In the train. Reflections in the window.

We set off from Flinders St. Station at 6.24 a.m. to Pakenham Station, where we have to take a bus from there to Warragul. Uncle Roy would pick us up from Warragul Station to Yarragon at around 9-ish.

One of many beautiful views on the looong ride up to Mount Baw Baw. Can't really see from here, but that's actually a really beautiful lake in the background - it's a spectacular view.

Blue skies with wide expanses of green, green fields were a common scenery.

Just arrived! Here we are, before...

...and after all the hassle of renting our equipment, deciding to ski or go snowboarding, getting our gear and clothes...

The snowboarders: Grace, Adrian, Yon How

The skiers: Tim, me, Calvin, Zoe

Snow, snow, snow!

Here I am! Somewhere near the top.

Blue sky, white snow. And that's Calvin's scarf.

Snowball fight!!

Skiers done for the day!

The snowboarders were still at it. The boots were really killing my feet (and Zoe's as well!) at this point in time! And... I think I really ought to get contact lenses, especially for events like this. My specs almost got killed during this ski trip.

Dinner!

The delicious food prepared by Aunt Ann. It was almost impossible to finish all that food - and dessert was truffle, which is the best. Thinking about Aunt Ann's dessert makes me wish I could have it now...


L-R: Zoe, Grace, Cal, me, Yon, Adrian and Tim
One final shot before leaving.

A herd of cows/buffaloes were watching us from the farm beside us. I thought they were buffaloes at first, because they were all black - I mean, they looked like buffaloes, so when one of them moo-ed, I asked the others, "Are they cows or buffaloes?", a question which was promptly met with laughter and exclamations of, "Connie, you are so blur!" and other sentences along the lines of me being blur.

But it seemed strange to me that if they were cows, why were they segregated like that? (I mean, by colour.) It seemed a bit unfair to me. And I still don't know if they are cows or buffaloes!! What sounds do buffaloes make anyway?? Maybe I'm just being weird.

Or maybe I am blur after all.

*
Anyway, I have to go study now. No, I'm not being a nerd. I have a test tomorrow!!

Signing out!

No comments: