Friday, June 02, 2006

Stress (or not)

Blogging from the Music computer labs now (yes, we have computers in the Music building - all Macs, for that matter). It took some time getting used to using Macintosh, but it's actually not too bad. Its user-friendly capabilities are NOT that rigid, as I initially thought it to be.


I finally finished my MIDI assignment!! Argh, spending hours in front of the computer is seriously mind-numbing. It may seem 'fun' to create MIDI tracks, but nevertheless - I shall never ever take another computer-related subject again! I thought I saw the last of computers back in Form 5 (with that major Computer project), and to think that I was practically thrown into this subject called Computing for Musicians. To sum it up, it's basically just learning how to use music programs like Finale and Logic.

Computers to me are good as long as it's NOT study-related.


Guess everyone's been busy stressing over exams and such... I don't know if I should be worried. I finally finished this assignment today (it's dued tomorrow, and guess what - I did it all in one afternoon - *heaves a great sigh of relief*). I've got a major research essay dued on Monday (which is also the first day of exams) and I've barely started. And I still have to revise my Music Techniques.

But anyway, no big deal... right! Right? Right...?



I can't wait for this period to be over... I tend to feel quite homesick around this time of the year, and that feeling's especially augmented around exam period. My mom used to make chicken soup or some other healthy meal at the start (for brain power! =P) Sigh.

I confirm won't be back until December... half a year more to go.

Okay, I see this post going into the "Danger - Depression mode" zone... stop!


On a lighter note, World Cup 2006 Germany!! One good thing is that I'll be done with all my exams on the 8th (World Cup begins on 9th!) Need to unwind and relax with something - but Sherissa can probably tell you that my football-watching antics are.... very amusing. (Remember when you showed me the clips of goals by Paul Scholes? LOL.) I get quite ... "excited".

A-hem.

Anyway, must get started on my research essay... But I'm destressing tonight! I'm watching a Bell Shakespeare production of Romeo and Juliet later at the Arts Centre with a friend!! One great thing I LOVE about Melbourne is the endless concerts, theatre productions, musicals, etc. that goes on around the city. It's just so HAPPENING with art-related activities. Back in Brunei, I used to rue about the lack of musical concerts and the likes. But I can just indulge myself totally here! It's ENDLESS!!! (Okay, Connie, chill it...!)

Romeo and Juliet may be "over-done" in some ways, but it's still an amazing play, especially the language. I'm looking forward to it.

Perfect way to de-stress after spending the entire afternoon with a computer.

6 comments:

jonsaint said...

What software are using to make midis?

kachuaz said...

wah lau. connie~~~

so miss you lah~~~~

=)

Slim and Deadly said...

Wow... you're a soccer fan :P

I would never have guessed LOL

Which teams do you support then?

Anonymous said...

FOONG PEI !??! FOOTBALL !?!? (or soccer as i call it) you you YOU BETRAYER !! hahah i thought we would be the two ppl who would never watch that 90mins of total boredom!! what have they done to you over there !? and coonnnie i miss u !! even more now in my hour (or months) of great despair..read my blog and understand and connect with me ... hopefully we can still do that

Ern

con` said...

jonsaint: hello, welcome to the blog... um, the program is called Logic Express.

kachuaz: sheerrrissssaaaaa!! haha next year, when ur in sydney liao, then either i go there or u come here during our holidays. LOL.

samuel: hahaha, well, i don't really support any teams, but i just enjoy soccer as it is. i tend to go a bit 'crazy' watching soccer, though. ;p

ern: LOL. okay, yeah... guess i hardly showed the 'football freak' side of me. i mean, i'm not exactly like those football fanatics who memorize every single detail or talk about tactics or whatever. i just enjoy watching it, that's all. =P

i've read ur blog, ern...! and nooo, don't say that you 'hope' we can still connect... our 'connection' will ALWAYS be there!!!! i won't be back till december, though... =( are you staying on or going to UK??

Anonymous said...

so finale or logic more user friendly? is there like a midi controller in front of the keyboard of you have to use mouse to "click" in each note? 0_o