Sunday, November 06, 2005

Now that we all had a wonderful light-hearted moment of laughing at Tiong (previous post), I don't suppose Tiong would ever want to talk with me on MSN again~ Lol. I meant it when I told you I was going to post it up, boy!! =P

My Japanese friend taught me this today:

usagi

That means rabbit. And, Jerry and I are both rabbits. ^_^

That would be:

Watashi wa usagi desu.

But according to her, it just sounds plain weird, and people don't talk like that (in Japanese context, anyway). So:

Watashi wa usagi doshi.

But then, you don't go around announcing to people that, "I'm born in the year of the Rabbit", do you?

Imagine the stares and laughter you'll get from the Japanese people. It's like, "What is wrong with this person?"

So, really, you'd answer, "Usagi doshi", if a Japanese ever asks you which animal year you are born in. ('Usagi' if you're rabbit lah.)

Okay, that was just totally random.

Happy birthday to both Fei and Sherissa!! You've both hit milestones in life. ;p



All jokes aside, I had my piano diploma exam this morning. To be more specific, that would be the DipABRSM (Music Performance) in Piano. The examiner recorded my recital to be sent back to UK for the panel of judges to listen to.

MY MISTAKES ARE ALL RECORDED!!!! *cowers in embarrassment and humiliation* I feel so intidimated now. Ohhh nooo.... "A panel" were the exact words I was told. Doesn't that mean, like, MANY examiners??? And UK, some more!! That would be like, the REALLY HIGH AUTHORITY.

I don't know how I went. All I know is that I'll never ever forget those stupid mistakes I made. I'm still knocking my head against the wall for my stupidity. (Or blurness, if you like.)

1. Sonatas have the form exposition, development and recapitulation. Exposition!!! How can I have forgotten that word??? I was like, "Oh, um, sonatas have the form of... er... sorry, I forgot the first one, but the second and third sections are development and recapitulation."

It wasn't until after the exam that the word came to my mind. SO STUPID!!

2. Piano concertos and sonatas ---> I think I'm turning deaf. I misheard the examiner saying 'sonata' when he really said 'concerto', so I absent-mindedly said, "Oh, Beethoven composed 32 concertos." And somewhere at the back of mind, a voice was screaming, "Noooo, you idiot!!"

A few seconds later, I realized my error and quickly said, "Oh, no, that's piano sonatas."

The examiner smiled.

He was laughing at me!!! >=/

3. Worst error of all: I answered that Schubert did not compose any orchestral pieces.

*Whacks head against wall for millionth time*

What utter nonsense!!! I can't believe me. I can't believe it. I can't believe IT! That is the stupidest mistake I've ever made, especially when Schubert is known for his Unfinished Symphony No. 8. *screams*

Later on, when I checked my facts, it appears that Schubert actually did not compose any concertos.

What a stupid mistake. (Concertos and symphonies very different, ok???)

*buries self deep in the ground*

3 comments:

tH3^oNe said...

u'll be fine.
=)
one exam down.. 5 more to go for u!
all the best.. im sure u'll do great though. =)

thepattycakes said...

hurhur......
music exams! tsktsk.

when i was like in primary school..
i took ballet and piano exams and i've never failed to cry after them.. haaa.

my (only) clarinet exam... was not too bad... considering the fact that i only failed the scales part with a 4/15. HAHAHAHA x: oopsy.

wish you luck for the next few exams... heh.

con` said...

juang: LOL. i want unagi... let's go Excapade when I come back.. hahaha.

DJ: thanks =) all the best to you as well!!

Jer: don't say my twin lame!! you lame also. =P

pat: i cried once, and that was after my grade 6 exam. it was the worst, but blame it on myself for never taking it seriously.. I'll prob tell you another time. =) all the best to you as well... do well for WAUFP!