Friday, November 18, 2005

Exams are over!

I've booked my flight... I'm coming back next week!! Confirm liao...!! 22nd November, here I come! =D I'll probably touch down in Brunei around evening. By this time next week, I'll be at home, home, HOME.

Wheee...~

Today I went with a couple of friends to watch Pride and Prejudice (starring Keira Knightley). Those who have read the wonderful classic before, you guys should know what a beautiful love story this is. I don't know if it's premiered in Brunei yet, apparently, the movie is showing in select cities currently, but it'll be premiering worldwide on 23rd November or something. I don't mind watching it again... Maybe I'm just a really sappy person for love stories like this, but I couldn't help crying towards the end, when ... (not going to spoil it for you!)

I was actually about to burst into really loud sobs, but then realized that I'll be making a fool of myself, and suppressed those sobs and swallowed hard.

*Embarrassed laugh*

Yeah, I know... Don't give me those looks. =P

Ah, I'm just a sucker for romance.

After drying my tears, I immediately dashed off after the movie with my friends to hunt for the BBC series which was made in 1995 starring Colin Firth. Apparently it's a much more faithful adaptation, and Colin Firth makes a much cuter and charming main character. =P It runs for 6 episodes (an hour each). The movie I just watched is quite condensed (as with all movie adaptations). And I can tell you, especially to the girls, once you've read the book or seen any adaptation of it, the character of Mr. Darcy sets the benchmark for your dream guy.

It doesn't hurt to dream. So I shall continue to dream. Lol.

Oh yeah. My point is, I bought the DVD of the series, and just wondering if any of you interested souls out there are interested in coming over one afternoon, and watch it for six hours straight. I'm not joking! =P We can laugh, smile and cry together. It's a beautiful story about how a girl let her pride get in the way of true love, and her prejudices blinding her from the truth in front of her.

Let me know!!

Miss you all and can't wait to see everyone again!

6 comments:

.tee said...

you have got to be kidding me.. watch 6 hours of that chick flick?!?! OK I'm game! =D I'll just be spalshing in your pool and you provide lots and lots of baked macaroni. woooo... and and beer! You 18yr old, go get some booze. I'll be over at your place like nobody's business.

.tee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
con` said...

tiong: it's not a cnick flick!! u can't call a classic 18th century love story a chick flick. *whacks tiong* haha. u bring ur own booze. =P

jerry: ur even worse... -__-" this love story isn't YOUR kissing-and-sex love story. tet~ you go and read Pride and Prejudice then you'll appreciate it. besides love, there are other themes as well, dealing with social class and social conventions of the 18th century society.

arrgh, does no one appreciate the classics??? >=/

con` said...

yes, thank you, juan!! grab the other gals as well!! =D

can't wait to see you all =)

Len said...

connnnieeeee! u cant expect so much from 'guys' you know! ;)

count me in! *crossing my fingers*

con` said...

yeaa juang and sharon!!

juang: coool!! watch harry potter!!! let me know time and everything!! can't wait to see you again, twin! haha, i shall let you all know when you can come over! *hugs*

sharon: we're ON!! nativity play, as well!! see you soon, darling!! =P