Sunday, October 16, 2005

It's been a long day; long week, in fact; some things have happened, but a blog isn't exactly the best place to tell, is it? =D

I went to Burswood Dome this afternoon with a couple of friends, where they were having a huge discounted sale on every item which the State has confiscated from people, I presume, who were selling or importing or exporting illegally, so as you can imagine, you have all these original CDs and books, and clothes... and wah-lau, I have to say, I have never ever seen so many... *ahem* lingerie in my entire life. Rows and rows of panties and bras, all sorted into size lagi. Haha, it's almost hilarious. I mean, I don't understand how women can stand there and buy in front of everyone.

But that's beside the point. =P

So anyway, all these goods are for sale (books are sold for $5 each, regardless), while CDs basically were priced below $20. Even branded clothes were on sale at throwaway prices (a pair of Lee jeans cost you just about $20. I mean, good jeans sell for at least more than $30, I think??). The money from all the sales will eventually go to the government.

As expected, (and unsurprisingly), I spent my whole time in the CD and books section. Unfortunately, the books didn't appeal to me. At all. They were all obscure books by unknown authors, and all seemed boring to me. Sad. At $5 each, it was really a steal, but I don't want to anyhow buy books and then not read them later!

Friend A bought 2 CDs, friend B bought 5 CDs (I think) and friends C and D bought some T-shirts.

Me?

Just one CD. Haha. Most people were walking out with bags (what they buy, I also don't know). But I'm fickle that way. The CD is the original soundtrack for Finding Neverland.

I'm listening to it now, and it is just beautiful. It's very classically-orientated, and it really appeals to me. I remember watching the movie on the plane back to Perth (or was it to Brunei) in April. And (again) unsurprisingly, I tend to get distracted by the background music while watching... bad habit, I know, since I also tend to miss out on certain parts on the movie while I space out, straining my ears to listen to the soundtrack (which happened when I was watching Batman Begins, as well, lol.) And so yeah, when I snap out of my reverie, I'll be like, haaarh?? because the scene has changed.

The movie itself is really good; I guess I go more for these kind of films, the serious kinds - don't know what genre you would put them under (like Big Fish, The Pianist, etc.); but I do enjoy action films lah.

But the soundtrack!!! It's just.... so beautiful... the melody, the structure, the flow from one track into the other... the piano, violin... sigggh... *blissfully slips off into deep, pensive mood as she contemplates the music*

Um. *wakes up*

I'll be playing this CD over and over again for the next few days. =D

I've saved the best news for the last: My dad is saved!! I called my mom yesterday afternoon, and when she told me that my dad has accepted Christ for a few months now, I just couldn't help it; I broke down and cried on the phone. Even now, I'm still in a state of surprise. How? But this is kind of tied in with the "stuff" I mentioned at the beginning. And... my conscience is telling me, "This is a blog you're saying this in right now," and I shall stop here. You can only say so much in a blog. I don't know for you guys who have a blog, but for me, a blog can never truly fit the criteria of a "personal diary".

Anyway, can't wait to see you guys back home... Take care, everyone, and night!

3 comments:

tH3^oNe said...

a pianist @ work here? o.O
LOL.
im glad i gave u the OST for Madagascar then. hehe.
but seriously, u shld pay more attention to the plot! haha. that what makes a movie beautiful or not.
and i didn't know that it's actually the govt selling them.
cOoL.
hahax.

enjoy the rest of today then.
cya tmr! =)

juice said...

hey i love watching Big Fish!

and your dad got saved?!? how cool is that!! So happy to hear that! fill me in with details! =) Been praying for my family at the same time too.

thepattycakes said...

hurhur.

i understand what you mean the trying to listen to the background music.
hahaha....

(: i know a woody sound when i hear one! and i've always wished that i could play as well.. (think:jazzy and a lil pop).

Heh. see ya in sch tmr.
take care and loads of love,
PaT