Monday, August 22, 2005

Rottnest Island. Perfect spot for fishing. Or being alone in solitude?

It seems like only yesterday that I entered St. Andrew's School for the first time and walking into Primary 1G.

It seems like only yesterday that everyone was calling me "Popcorn". And me accepting it. X_X

It seems like only yesterday that Ern and Wen Jei conspired to make my life miserable in Primary 6. -_-"

It seems like only yesterday that Wen Jei, Ern and I were sitting in 6G together, laughing and joking and getting scolded by Mrs. Woo =S

It seems like only yesterday that Zakhir had blue ink all over his shirt and mouth and the fact that it tasted "Sweet".

It seems like only yesterday that I was at the British Council after PCE Exams for some random English course for people like me, Jances, Marshal, Sebastian and Tung Ming who have nothing better to do for the primary 6 holidays.

It seems like only yesterday that I was walking towards Secondary 1B and finding out with much horror that I'm put in the same class with Tiong. (Hehehe..)

It seems like only yesterday that we were practicing countless times for APEC, twirling ribbons and watching Ms. Mary yell at Azam and Michelle countless times =)

It seems like only yesterday that I was lying on my bed listening to music from my stereo in my room after PMB exams.

It seems like only yesterday that we were standing outside our classroom before classes start, during recess, after school...

It seems like only yesterday that we were lining up under the hot blazing sun for National Day practices.

It seems like only yesterday that I was practicing the dance to "Someday We'll Know" with all the other girls for our class (Sec 4s1) presentation.

It seems like only yesterday that Tiong, Azam, Fei, Jo, and I were practicing our speeches for the interschool debates.

I chasing after people to do their duty Form 4. =P

I was in the Chem lab at SAS at the back, titrating, laughing and fooling around with Sebastian, Azam, Tiong, Mandy, Jeremy...

In the classroom, during one of the random free periods just talking to friends and gossiping and just acting silly.

It seems like only yesterday that we were in class, being samsengs and talking nonsense.

Me being tricked by friends. Countless times.

Only yesterday that we were sitting at Teo Poi Hoon or at Yayasan enjoying lunch and rushing back to school in time for extra classes.

It seems like only yesterday that it was MusicFest, and I was playing the piano for Becky's "My Immortal".

It seems like only yesterday that it was prom, and Fei and Zam were crowned Prom King and Queen...

It seems like only yesterday that Jamie and I were going nuts over the newsletter. And playing mahjong with her and Jessie at her place.

Sitting in the canteen with everyone cramming in last-minute details before our O-Level BM paper start.

Only yesterday that I was sitting in the car with my mom after Additional Maths O-level exam. (I remember that because I felt miserable and tired after it.)

Only yesterday that I was at SAS church rehearsing with Jerry, Tiong, Fei, Joyce, Bev, Jerome, Kim Wei for Nativity Play.

Only yesterday that I was in KL shopping, during the holidays after O-Levels.

It seems like only yesterday that I was at Sasa's house after New Year's Eve, laughing and all of us getting high on vodka =P

It seems like only yesterday that all of you were at my place for a farewell party.

Only yesterday that Jerry saw me off at the airport.

Only yesterday that I landed in Perth, and everything appeared to be a dream because it was so surreal.

It seems like only yesterday that I was sitting in Excapade having dinner with all my friends, everyone enjoying themselves and laughing and simply appreciating the caramaderie between us.

Only yesterday that I saw you guys, and we were having dinner at Nyonya's and just "lepak"-ing around Gadong after watching Infection with Juang and everyone else.

Only yesterday that I visited you all in MD and wishing that I could share the day with you all.

Only yesterday that I had my final lunch with Jerry, Hui, Tiong, Juang and Jeremy at Thiam Hock.

Only yesterday that I left the airport alone on the plane, sitting beside a stranger and feeling homesick.

Only yesterday...

Sometimes I couldn't help wishing that I had stayed in Brunei instead, sharing funny moments and little things that make up one of life's many experiences that simply makes friendship worthwhile and special.

I miss home and everyone.

6 comments:

tH3^oNe said...

yesterday.
there are just so many yesterdays.
happy,sad,good,bad yesterdays.
it's the thinking back of the past that somehow makes us cherish the present.. or regret it.
i guess feeling homesick is inevitable given that u have never left "home" for so long to a faraway place.
but it's the little things that we experienced through our lives that makes us stronger, more learned perhaps?
i hope thinking back of ur fond memories help u kill homesickness. always look on the bright side of life though. a couple of months later, u will be back home sweet home.just hang in there!
take care loads.
and don't give urself so much stress.

p/s: can't wait to see u perform during grad! *lolx* u bet i'll nominate u! *gRiNz*

cheers,
dj

Anonymous said...

WOW!! thats a lot of yesterdays. bet your missing home? we're missing you too.. counting the days till you come back.. good luck in your coming exams.. all the best.. take care..

thepattycakes said...

wow... so many yesterdays!
for me, i miss the times when my neighbours(that i've known since i was 11+) and i... going out having fun.. and drinking at the poolside and those late saturday night movies << horror films!
miss the times when my sec4 classmates (teri jeremy hidayah swee and me) staying back with the rest in class 'doing' homework.. :P actually copying! x: and then followed by going to orchard road. those impromptu trips to the shopping malls around my sch :(

HEEE!
Sighayee.
I miss watching national day parade on teevee and those hk serial dramas.
I miss my mother and brother.

and regarding your last post... tsktsk. you ah!!! -.-""""
i bo wei gong ah.

juice said...

i miss my foong pei! even tho ur fang pi is smelly. :'(

con` said...

thx everyone for ur words of comfort and encouragement! =)

jerry - figures you wouldn't miss brunei -_-" but honestly, i guess ur right abt the "hostility"? what i miss are friends, family, and the memories. but i'm also enjoying myself here despite the stress of studies =P

juang - my twin!!! =D sorry i haven't called lately, but don't worry, i'm sure we'll have lots to talk abt the next time i call ;p

DJ - deep words, but very meaningful and encouraging. thanks =) the homesickness isn't so bad anymore. see u around!

sa - haha, yes, many yesterdays.. cos the memories are still so fresh as if it was "only yesterday" =P i'm looking forward to seeing u soon too!! and ur probably wanting ur Charmed CDs.. haha.

pat - LOL. sorry loh, abt the picture, but cute what ;p and yea, at least we both can share our homesickness together! ^^ take care, my dear! study hard orh!

zam - i know, we have to meet up during the december hols!! u ARE coming back right? actually, i don't have to ask - you come back EVERY hols. =P miss your companionship too!! take care over there!

joyce - juice chua ah!!! make that kind of comment -_-" lol. must belanja me at Le Apple when i come back. hahaha. jk lah ;) can't wait to see my juicey when i go back! =P

kachuaz said...

yesterday,
all my troubles seems so far away,
now i know that they are here to stay,
oh, i believe,
in yesterday.