Thursday, November 15, 2007

3 days

My final exam for the semester, which happens to be my piano practical exam, is tomorrow.

I've been worrying so much that I can't feel the nervousness and stress anymore. Practicals... I don't think I will ever be prepared for them. Was chatting with a friend, Matthew, on MSN, and he was asking me that. I responded:

"Will I ever be prepared?"

To which he said was a good answer. Haha. (Matthew's a medical student and is graduating in two years' time, which will explain his following comment.)

M: and if i make a mistake its bad for the patient... but if you fumble playing a piano concerto the only person who might get a heart attack is yourself... :(


This is where I stare at the screen in disbelief. Thanks, Matthew.



I'll be in S'pore in a few days from now... Which is fast. I'm leaving on Sunday night, and will be arriving very early on Monday morning at Changi. My mom and aunt are flying out to S'pore on Sunday, and my mom will be coming to meet me (while my aunt will be snoozing happily away back at the hotel, I assume. Haha.) I called home two days ago and she told me that we're staying at Mandarin Hotel (my initial reaction was, "Waaah"), but she proceeded to inform me that we have the first two nights free because of some offer with HSBC or something. Then I went, "Oooh, no wonder." Yaaay... shopping and food. And books and CDs. Shopping! Food! Fooooood!!!


Coming back to that phone call... My 3-year-old cousin is apparently going through a difficult phase where she's literally driving everyone up the wall with her antics and temper. That's not the little girl I remember when I left Brunei in February! :( When I called back that night, she answered the phone, much to my delight. My mom and sister were babysitting her and her sister (my 7-year-old cousin) while my aunt and uncle were out at a wedding dinner that night, so I called my aunt's house phone after some failed attempts at webcamming and video calls on MSN with my sister (no thanks to my wonky Internet connection).

"Hello?"

"Meiiiii!" (Yes, me squealing happily.) I asked her in Mandarin, "Do you still remember me? Connie Jie-Jie? Flower Jie-Jie?" (The flower part is another story.)

*Clank*

I stared at my phone in disbelief (another disbelieving moment). She hung up on me!! Can you believe it??

I called back again and my mom answered, telling me that Athene knocked the phone/threw the phone or something.


Anywaaay. I can't wait to see my cousin again (in spite of this phase she's going through), my dog, the new cat, my home, the new car which is awaiting me to bring her out for a spin (lol), my friends and family (even if not everyone's there).

Okay. I should sleep now. I'm feeling the nerves again. I hope I can sleep.

Practical exam, here I come :(

No comments: