Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The line between reality and dreams

I dream often, sometimes more frequently than I would like. Almost every night's sleep consist of a dream of some sort. It's supposedly not a very good thing to dream that often. Or so I heard.

I have nightmares too, but not the sort that has me waking up in tears and sweat in the middle of the night.

But nightmares come in different forms.


It was unlike any other dreams I've had before. The inexplicable fear that seized my heart felt extremely real and vivid, and it cut straight to the heart. I had never felt more helpless and desperate, because there seemed to have been no way out.

I remember thinking, "This is a dream, it has to be a dream. Please don't let this be real."

It felt so real that the line between reality and dreams had blurred, and it left me confused and full of fear; a sort of fear I had never felt before. That fear that it might be real is hard to put into words. It really seized me. I was truly scared that it was real.

But as I was thinking frantically, "This can't be real, this isn't happening", I felt myself awake. The immense relief that filled me had never been more welcomed when I finally realized that it was a nightmare.


I'm a person who thinks too much for my own good. Maybe dreams are a manifestation of our subconsciousness after all.

Sometimes I wish I could just go a night without having to dream; to have a restful and peaceful sleep for once.

No comments: