Thursday, February 02, 2006

Jerry, why you never update?

(I realize that I almost always begin each post with a complaint to Jerry. =P)


This Chinese New Year has been one of the more memorable and enjoyable ones... Now that we're all 'growing up', we can drive around, go visiting, and there are less restrictions as well.

Growing up...

Sometimes I wish I can just stay at this age forever. Everytime I think of the future, I am filled with mixed feelings of trepidation and excitement. Even now, I still have no idea where I'm heading towards. I mean, as for now, I'm decided on going to Melbourne Uni and hopefully transfer to Law in my second year. But I don't know if it's really what I want to do. Science holds no excitement for me. So much for being in the Science class for those two years, huh?

Medicine is definitely out of the question. I'm not that weak-hearted, and I don't faint at the sight of needles or blood, but needles make me nervous. (To be more realistic, injections make me tremble all over. As in, really trembly that I can't stop shaking. It's happened before.) Blood I can tolerate, I suppose, but cutting up someone's body is out of the question. I'd probably faint even before the knife touches the skin.

I used to want to become a journalist, but there's too many objections and doubts surrounding that one. Then for some time, I was really sure that Music would be it. But then, things happened and then the doubts crept in again. I know that my mom would much rather me do something else than music, and I know that she'd wanted me to do Law. Not that I mind. But I don't want to become like one of those kids who listen to their parents and end up being unhappy. I want to be happy in what I'm doing.

I want to enjoy what I'm doing.

Sigghh... I don't know anymore. I guess I'll just take it as it comes...

My maid isn't coming back anymore... She worked with us for two years, and she's the best we've ever had, but her dad wants her back in Indonesia, and she's getting married as well. My mom got a part-time one, but she won't be back till Monday, so I have to help out with chores till then. Anyway, I've got lots of time on my hands. I'm leaving around 20++ February. (Ern... I'm missing your birthday for the second time... =/ )

Anyway, it's really great to see everyone... Really miss those times in SAS. One of the pangs about growing up is knowing that we can never re-live those moments again. Moments that will remain forever as memories, to be laughed over and talked about, over and over again.

Don't you just wish you can turn back the time?

3 comments:

tH3^oNe said...

hey connie.

so wat will u be doing in Uni of Melb this year?
btw, congrats! i knew u'd make it there. =)

oh oh, ur only leaving for melb at 20++?
u sure u'll be in time for their orientation? =/

anyhow, take care loads.
and keep in touch. =)

kachuaz said...

DJ ah, connie doing 1st yr arts, den trying to get the transfer in the 2nd year.

connie maybe u can keep in touch with pamela, she doing law at melb uni

Anonymous said...

hey conz the blur dook!

missing you and kachuaz :(
boohoo.

ah wells. im back in perth already. sitting in the living room with a cable wire connected to my lappie.
random, i know ;)
that's me. heh.

anyways. yes i do wanna turn back time. despite that, i dont think i've regretted anything in the past.
maybe the only thing could be not going out more with you guys.

(:

it was my pleasure of knowing you guys and also those up at murdoch last year.

you'll be in my prayer (when i do pray ;)

hahaha. see ya arnd.

might pop down to melb sometime. gotta meet up okay? most prolly in april.

just let me know your mobile number in aussie okay? i've not changed mine.

see ya arnd.

love love,
patricia