Thursday, August 11, 2005

After reading Jerry's post, how can I beat that?! And I resent those "tree" jokes. And yes, here is where I roll my eyes.

I'm sorry that my life is not as exciting and glamorous as Jerry's is, so I'll just have to bore you all with what I'm up to nowadays.

Exams are in less than 90 days' time; basically the homework and schoolwork is piling up and I'm just struggling to catch up with everything.

I don't even know why I'm taking half the subjects I'm doing now: I think I might seriously consider studying music after all, regardless of what Zakhir has tried to brainwash my mind with: "You can't make money, Connie!", etc. (Everything he said to try to dissuade me contained the word "money" in it. That's Zakhir for you.) And yes, I can feel Jerry's frustration at not being able to strangle me because I came here instead. =P See, being at the other end of the world saves me from dying at his hands. Lol.

I don't think many people know this (but I told Juang, I think): I'll be doing my diploma in music this year. It's going to be scary. It costed me a hefty sum of AUD$305, and I pray that it won't clash with my exams. I have no idea when or where it's going to be yet. I have not written my programme notes. I will have two examiners. (Two!!) And I have to present four pieces, each from each musical period. Doubt you guys will be interested in wanting to know, so I won't list down each song. But bottom line is, if I fail, I'll be seeing two years' "effort" fly away... and not to mention, that $305... =(

What a depressing post. It's to bring you all back to the gloom and doom of reality after reading Jerry's light-hearted post. Lol.

Anyway~ on a lighter note, I went for my school drama production this year last Saturday. I have to say, I've never been more impressed. The drama was Joseph Kesselring's Arsenic and Old Lace. It's basically a black comedy about two old ladies who kill old men, a deranged nephew who's also a murderer, on the run with his German female accomplice, and a sane nephew (brother of murderer) who tries to survive through the night, and another brother who thinks he's Teddy Roosevelt. Very entertaining. The acting was really professional - this is better than the last JIS production that I saw (Carousel) - sorry, Ern! =P Seriously, I wouldn't have expected such a good level of acting from mere high school + middle school students.

I don't think I can write anymore - can't beat Jerry's super-long post, hahaha. But oh yeah, I remember I have a story about my housemates - or rather, about one of them - to tell. I was really annoyed that night, but anyway - I know that Ern is still waiting to find out what happened. Sorry, Ern, you have to wait again!

The Housemate - coming soon!

1 comment:

con` said...

haha, yes, i'm the main character u know! =P (aha, ern's influence and thick-skinnedness rubbing off on me!) but it was seriously annoying, and u guys will get a good kick out of it lah.